Thursday, August 27, 2009

Just thinkng...

So I wake up this morning - had a pretty good sleep. I'm laying in bed trying not to get up too soon because Chris will wake up too and I like for him to sleep a little more when he can. I'm such an early bird. So I start thinking about things that just made me feel so much older.

1. I started my first aiding job out of college in August 2005 working with special needs kids. Those first kids that I had have started high school this year. Really? Has it been that long?

2. In the last 7 years, 6 of them I have spent in school - 4 at Monmouth getting a degree I have yet to use for a big kid job and 2 at WGU getting my teaching certificate. I know that it is all for a good cause - I WANT to be a teacher. 6 years just seems like a LONG time to me.

3. In 10 days I'll be married for 1 year! Holy cow does time fly by. We've been together for 6 and just like any other couple we have our ups and down and fights, etc. At the end of the day though, I'm always thankful that I made this choice.

4. So I feel like I just got married and here are my friends having kids. WOW! Have I really hit that part of my life? Is it that time? I feel like I was just partying in college and staying up till who knows when playing pool. The thought of marriage, let alone kids, seemed so far away. Now, not so much. No, I'm not looking to having kids right now but someday it will happen.

5. I really need to pick up a good book on my time off. Somehow at home Maury being on at 10 am and 1pm (with Home Improvement on in between) has really occupied my time. I mean yes it is very important for me to know if that man could be the baby's daddy! My favorite is the surprised look on the "just so certain" mom who insists, and KNOWS that this man is the father. When she is wrong, I'm thinking, "Honey why didn't you just say in the first place that you're pretty sure and know that it could possibly be someone else? Save your embarrassment!!"

And so my day begins....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lost Countdown