Sunday, September 6, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

Today marks the 1 year that Chris and I have been together. I've heard some people say that if you can make it through the first year, you can make it through any year. My question is do I count the first year we started dating or the first year we were married? lol That first year of dating seems like forever ago even though it was only 6 years back. Either way I think that the first year was just fine and it helps that I have someone as kind as Chris to get through it with.

To celebrate, last night we went to dinner at Sullivan's Steakhouse in downtown Naperville. Not even thinking about it, we find all of these cars parked everywhere wondering what is going on. Yeah it was Naperville's Last Fling. Carnival rides and games blocked the streets as we're trying to make our 5:30 pm reservation. Luckily we made it.

Dinner was phenomenal! They had this special going on until Labor Day. The Summer of $69 special - each person picks a started (salad), an entree (steak or seafood), 2 individual sides (mashed potatoes, asparagus, green beans, crab rice) and then each gets a dessert. I had the garden fresh greens salad with balsamic vinaigrette dressing, 8oz Fillet Mignon cooked medium, asparagus and mashed potatoes, and the New York style cheesecake for dessert.

First of all the whole meal was amazing. Talk about giving your pallet different flavors and tastes - delicious! Once we got to the main meal I was already starting to feel full but do you really think I was going to give up on the steak? HECK NO! I dove right in with mashed potatoes that were so creamy and the steamed asparagus (which Chris and I agree that grilled asparagus is much better). I love my steak to be pink but medium was may have been a little TOO pink for me so I may go the medium-well route next time.

By the time dessert came, I was STUFFED! Soooo full. But it was my anniversary dinner, the dessert was included and heck yes I was going to eat it. Now thinking about how miserable I was after dinner, I really should have asked for it to go because let me tell you how bloated I felt. I wouldn't give it back though - the whole meal was fantastic! I highly recommend this place.

For gifts, the traditional route is paper and the more modern route are clocks. We went the paper route this year. I had gotten Chris a signed Gordon Beckham 8x10 picture for his sports room and a tin sign that he has been wanting that has Shoeless Joe Jackson on it advertising some kind of shoes I think. Chris got me tickets to see Dane Cook in November in Moline. I think paper was a pretty good year for the both of us.

Now we're off to Apple Holler Orchard in Kenosha or just north of. They have a delicious brunch. I can't wait for the smell of apple cider and the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lost Countdown