Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Hunt...

So I had a job interview yesterday.  First one for a teaching job unless you count the ridiculous process that a certain school district puts you though.  Any who, the interview went very well.  The principal and the teacher that were in the room were extremely nice and it was a very relaxing time.

I found out by email last night that I did not get it.  The student's old preschool teacher came in at the end of the day and applied for the job and they decided to give it to her.  I agree though - that teacher has already established that rapport with the students and parents.  For those kids to have to transition into the school year like this, having a familiar face is really going to help them.

So I continue on the hunt for my job.  The one that is out there somewhere for me.  I don't know when or where it will pop up but it is there.  The position I interviewed for was for a kindergarden teacher.  The thing is for me, that age is a bit small.  I do love the older kids but I am open to whatever grade level.  One question really sticks out from my interview yesterday:  What can you tell us about yourself that would make us go, "WOW!  We NEED to hire her." 

So that is the question that I ponder today and for many days I'm sure...how do I make myself stand out among all of the other thousands of teachers who are looking for a job in Illinois?  How do I give my own "WOW" factor to all of these other school districts and administrators?

Just another path I have to take....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lost Countdown