Tuesday, September 15, 2009

VMAs 2009

First -Yes it has been all over the news but what the heck is going on with Kanye West?  What was he thinking taking away from Taylor Swift's win.  Props to Beyonce for not even giving her speech and having Taylor come back out.  Absolutely Kanye should be banned from the VMAs or at least he should be given a seat in the way far back so that someone has time to stop him from making a fool out of himself.  Do you think iTunes will reimburse me for the money I have spent on a couple of his songs??

Second - Two words.  Lady Gaga.  Not only were her outfits just so far wacked out but her performance of Paparazzi was VERY disturbing.  I have gotten used to her exotic videos and performances but this one was over the top for sure.  Things were going well and it seemed as if throughout the performance she was trying to show an aging process - like growing up.  Then toward the end "blood" starts running down her body and for whatever reason she "hangs" herself at the end to represent death (at least that's what I think).  I was really searching for a meaning behind why in the heck she would do this on her first VMA performance.  I interpreted it as the paparazzi "killing" people by all of their hateful comments/pictures that they can have and look what it does to people.  Maybe I really read too far into it but seriously the performance was so screwed up I needed to find SOMETHING to relate it to.  Here's the video - best quality I could find.

Third - Michael Jackson's Tribute.  Amazing.  I loved when Janet came out and it looked like they were dancing together.  Not gonna lie that when I watched it for the third time today (I had to dvr the VMAs) I shed yet another tear for The King.  It is a sad situation that happened.  Madonna's speech was right on - if only people hadn't given up on him and turned their backs on him.  Yet it is too late to even let him know how he truly was still appreciated - wherever he is now I hope he knows.  I saw a preview today for a Michael Jackson tribute that is coming to theaters for like 2 weeks toward the end of September.  I'm seriously thinking about going to see it.  My dad always listened to MJ when I was little and I am a fan.  In the words of Madonna Sunday night, "Long Live The King."

Fourth - Russell Brand.  All I'm going to comment about this is that he was AWESOME in "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" but he SUCKS as a host.  Please Russell, don't quit your day job.  Hosting is NOT your thing.  OH - and you don't need to yell into the mic to talk.

On a side note - Rest in Peace Patrick Swayze.  Dirty Dancing is a phenominal movie (one of my all time favorites) and yes I am a secret semi-fan of Road House.  But you will always be remembered with the late Chris Farley in the SNL Chippendales sketch.  One of my favorties.

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking about Ghost this morning. Demi tweeted about Patrick Swayze and it made me remember that movie. I love that movie. Chad has never seen it and I'm so making him watch it!

    I didn't have much respect (if any) for Lady Gaga to start with and that performance didn't help things at all...yuck.

    AND, I can't believe you didn't tell me you had a blog until now!!!!!!!!!! I'm so following you.

    ReplyDelete

Lost Countdown